Care Response Team (CRT)
Purpose: A team that will intentionally keep in contact with those of our congregation and beyond that are elderly (80+), or have chronic health conditions, or compromised immune systems to encourage and meet needs as they arise that are not able to be met by an individual’s family.
Who: Each team will be led by a member of the deacon board. Each team will have at least 3 team members.
Team members can be persons that are members or attenders of Harvest Time Bible Church who are at least 16 years of age and older; however if a younger person feels called to be a part, they, with a parent’s support, may be a member. (One recommendation is that a Life Group create a CRT in order to practice together “Doing Something About It” by “Giving” of their resources to see a need and meet it.
- Each Team will be given a list of names (Phone Number & Addresses) by the Pastoral Staff.
- Each list that is given is divided up between team members (men paired with men; women paired with women).
- Each Team member will make contact at least once a week with the person they are assigned, to check in, encourage, pray and identify needs of the individual or family.
- As a need arises that is not being met by the individual’s family, the CRT member will record the need and report the need to their CRT leader (Deacon).
- Each Deacon will communicate with the pastoral staff and a plan of action will be decided.
- The CRT can be the avenue to which the need is met, however some cases may need to involve those with specific skill sets (ie: plumbing, electrical, etc… ) so specific communication is a must.